Wednesday, April 20, 2011

I'd settle for a slowdown

I met with a midwife yesterday who talked to me for 20 minutes about all the reasons she thinks Baby won't show up this week. That isn't really what someone who is this pregnant wants to hear, but that's o.k. Babies come when they're ready, not necessarily when Mom is ready. However, what really made an impact was when the midwife was wrapping up her spiel and she said, "Besides, you really don't seem tired enough yet. You'll slow down some before Baby arrives." Well, I wish she could see me today. I've been a blubbering, waddling, barely functional, tired-with-a-capital-T mess. But I haven't slowed down, because there is no time for that. Pregnant women with other children do not have the luxury of "slowing down." I don't mean to sound whiny. It's just a fact. And if that is what the midwife is looking for as a clue to when the baby is coming, she may miss the event entirely.  

1 comment:

  1. I can't imagine. I was exhausted and I didn't have any other children to chase around! I can't wait to meet the new Watts baby.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say