Sunday, October 04, 2009

Stage Fright

Maybe you've noticed the infrequency of posts on this blog here of late. It could be that the mundanity of my life isn't worth writing about. And, frankly, that's a pretty good guess. Contrary to popular belief, it isn't all glitz and glamor around here all the time. But another thought worth exploring is that I have a type of stage fright. I write this blog mostly for my own benefit, and so the grandparents can see pictures of the kiddos. And I don't get many comments here, so I forget there is an audience out there. But recently, I've had several non-family members tell me that they read and enjoy this blog. And, I feel like I've kind of frozen up. I now feel like I need to be entertaining, and some days (a lot of days) I don't quite feel up to that challenge. I'm not sad that these people have given me compliments on the blog, and I don't want them to wish they had never said anything. I have been truly flattered. I just need to adjust to the spotlight, I guess. And I need to set your expectations that I'm not always entertaining. Sometimes, I'm downright boring. But, I like to write, and I like to get my (sometimes mundane) days down so that I won't forget what it was like to be us at this moment in time. Thank you so much for reading, and I do hope you'll visit often. I'll entertain you when I can.

8 comments:

  1. Oh, but you don't realize that others of us out here are boring as well, and even if you don't entertain, the mundane helps us feel like we have a friend standing shoulder to shoulder with us as we trudge through it all! :) No pressure to entertain intended!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Lori. I'm so glad we can "stand shoulder to shoulder as we trudge through it all." That means a lot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm still in my pjs. My house is a BOMB. And my sister in law is coming over with 2 kids today. What am I doing? NOT putting groceries away :)

    We're all less-than entertaining... but we're real. And that's why I love you.
    Except when we play Scrabble.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Katie! It's good to be real.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I didn't understand very well what you meant, howerver i must say that through your blog I am able to follow the day by day of a lovely family that The ord gave a chance to meet one day and i am not able to see them easily doe to the distance.
    Do not worrie you do not have funny NEWS every day, we know youhve an ordinary but adorable family. love

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks, Patricia! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Anonymous9:41 AM

    I love your blog--Iam Maxie's cousin that lives on the ranch between Iraan and Ozona and this is the only way I get to see Your children grow and keep up with ya'll. My daughters who are Jeffrey's cousins read it also and we get a kick out of your kids. Just want to tell you that we think the little one really looks like his dad when he was little. Tell Maxie and Sharon hey! Linda Sue

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hey, Linda Sue. Thanks for posting a comment. I remember you well. I'm so glad you guys read the blog. I hope you are all doing well.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say