Thursday, March 26, 2009

Let's Play "What's In The Box?"

Even with fairly thorough labeling, it is still exciting to open each box and see what it holds--whether true treasures or moving mysteries. It is so neat to take each item out and carefully and lovingly find it a new home within the new home--or toss it in the nearest garbage can, if need be. Some items bring an unexpected smile, some an unexpected frown. But either way, I'm enjoying getting all my things out and finding them a special place.

So, without further ado, here are this week's categories and answers for "What's In The Box?"

1. So Happy To See You Again

*Clothes and Shoes (more than just a two-week supply)
*Massage Chair
*Address Book
2. Unexpected Joys
*Dating Memorabilia, including scrapbooks and letters
*African stuff
*Crystal and China (after they were washed and put away all bright and shiny)
3. What On Earth Made Me Put You In A Box In The First Place
*Lots and lots of sippy cup valves, without corresponding sippy cups
*Worn out, ill-fitting bras and panties
*Stale, disgusting candy from birthday pinatas gone by
4. Damaged Goods
*Antique Gossip Bench
*Moqueca Pots from Brazil
*Memory Foam Mattress Topper
5. Beyond Repair
*Cheap, metal garage shelf
*Decorative Mini-Martini (Cordial) Glass
*Melted, Spilled, Re-solidified, No-Longer-Useful, Highly Fragrant Bluebonnet Candle
6. Why, Oh Why Did I Say Good-Bye
*Coffee table and Side table
*Highchair
*Large Faux Flower Arrangement
7. Wish You Were Here (I know I kept them, I just don't know where they are)
*Broom, Mop, Vacuum Cleaner
*Ladder
*Shovel, Rake and Other Yard tools
8. New In Box
*Washer/Dryer
*Toaster Oven
*And coming soon: Oven
Thanks for playing along with us. Be sure to join us next time when we find out "What's In The Box?"

4 comments:

  1. I am looking forward to know what you will find.

    I wish I was in one of them ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wish you were in one of the boxes, too, Patricia! We miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loooooove unpacking boxes after a long absence! It's like Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  4. #3 cracked me up! I soooo understand the importance of the highchair; one of the things I am so thankful we decided to keep when second baby came along six years later!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say