Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Define "Helpful"

Today, while I was washing dishes, Weston announced that he was bringing me a surprise. I couldn't see him from where I was, so I didn't know what he was bringing. The next thing I heard was: "Oh no! I just spilled your surprise all over the floor." At this point, my curiousity peaked and I made my way to where he was. He had been bringing me a box of playing cards, and sure enough, they were all over the floor. "That's o.k." I said, "Just pick them up." He worked for a while and then declared that he couldn't do it by himself. "No. You can. You're doing a great job," I assured him. He beamed at this and replied, "Am I really helpful, Mommy?"

2 comments:

  1. I could imagine the scene! He is so cute!
    during seminars while cleaning up the table, he used to ask me to help me out. and I would gige him the tray.

    I already miss them, they are lovely kids!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Patricia! I'm so glad you will be keeping up with us through the blog. Please comment often so we can still feel connected to you!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say