Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Replacing Illness With Injury

Did you miss me last night? No, I wasn't still sick. My illness was long gone. But I did have another little problem. That being blindness. Well, almost. So, around 6:00 yesterday evening I was holding Max in my lap. And he was doing what all happy babies do. He was waving his arms wildly at the object of his affection--in this case, me. We were having the best time. Until he caught me right in the eye. You know how a good poke in the eye hurts, right? And how your eye waters like crazy? Well, boy did it, on both counts. Usually this just lasts a short time and then you are back in the game. But this time I think Max actually managed to scratch my eyeball because my eye continued to water and hurt like the dickens for the next three hours, even with all my homeopathic attempts to assuage it! At that point I couldn't stand it any more and put myself to bed, promising Jeff that I would see a doctor today if it wasn't better. Obviously, I survived since I'm here to write about it. The excrutiating pain was gone when I woke up this morning, but I have still had slightly fuzzy vision on and off throughout the day and more eye goo than usual. I think by tomorrow I'll be back to 100%. I still hope to be the object of Max's affection, but maybe this time at arm's length.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say