Tuesday, October 23, 2007

A Body Dulce Facelift

My Body Dulce products are wonderful for the body. They give just the right amount of exfoliation and moisturizing. And my confidence and creativity have also soared since creating the product. I have been so encouraged by the great response I've had to the product and the business. But today, Body Dulce did something for my face. It put a big ol' smile there all day.

First, I got a call from the salon in Temple that can say they were the first to carry the product. The lady just wanted to inform me that she had sold 5 out of the 6 jars I put in her shop just two weeks ago and that she'd like to have 10 more! And further, she wanted to know, "What would you like for me to do with all this money?" She also had a wonderful suggestion for me, which I immediately took to heart and have already applied (in rough-draft form). I will be perfecting it in the next couple of weeks, as I prepare for a "trade show" in Temple.

Then, this afternoon, I took the kids in for a haircut, and in the course of conversation, I found out that the lady cutting the kids' hair was the owner of the shop. I took the opportunity to talk to her about my scrubs, and she agreed to let me bring in some samples and business cards to set out. I am hopeful that that will generate some more business.

Tomorrow, I will meet with the owner of a spa here in Austin to see about getting my scrubs in her shop as well.

I also got my business cards and gift tags ordered this week, and the website is well on it's way to becoming official. I'm so excited about all these opportunities, and I'm amazed at how quickly this dream is turning into reality.

6 comments:

  1. YAHOOOOO! Oh, how very exciting! I need pictures of this wonderfulness!

    You let me know if Body Dulce needs a hand-knit natural hand mitt loofa thingy...I mean, people gotta scrub, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. How exciting to see it all coming together! I haven't had that many dreams come to fruition. I imagine it's just wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, Mandi. That is WONDERFUL! Congratulations! And good luck at the spa today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The meeting today went really well. I got my biggest order, to date.

    And the pictures are coming...eventually.

    Thank you all for your enthusiasm! It really means a lot to me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. How exciting is this! Do you have a list of what you have? Where or how can I get some from you?
    Christmas is coming and this sounds like a great gift!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey, Kimberly. I tried to connect with you by posting a comment on your blog, but for some reason I couldn't get my comments to show up. You can send me an e-mail at mandi@bodydulce.com and I can give you more info. about my scrubs. I will also look through my e-mail addresses and see if I can find a way to connect with you there. Thanks so much for your interest.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say