Saturday, December 16, 2006

Out Of The Mouth Of 4-Year-Olds

Thursday was my dad's birthday, so we gave him a call to share our birthday wishes. Ruth spoke to him first, then passed the phone to me. Then my dad put my mom on, then I passed the phone back to Ruth. And finally, it was Ruth and Papa once again to say good-bye, while I put Weston to bed. So, today my parents stopped by, and it came up in conversation that what Ruth had to say in that last conversation was this: I just wanted to take one last opportunity to wish you a happy birthday.

Then at dinner, I was talking with my parents about a friend of mine from high school who lives very near me now. Suddenly, Ruth chimed in: Is that the one who owns Brett?!

It's full-time hilarity around here, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say