Wednesday, May 16, 2007

My Favorite Chore

Most of the things that get done around our house get done because they have to be done. And, frankly, some things don't get done at all, because I conveniently never have enough time to do them. (wink, wink). But there is one chore that I really do kind of love. And that's mowing the grass. I always look forward to getting to do that particular chore, and I always have--even when I was a teenager. There is just something about being outside and sweating (not profusly, but just enough to know that you are working) and the fresh smell and the clean look when your done. And it's so nice to do a job that gives you instant gratification and doesn't have to be repeated in ten minutes, like most of the chores around here! Oh, and I'm a push-mower girl all the way. I love to be down there in it, getting that beautiful green dye job on the rim of my old tennis shoes and cutting nice, tight circles around the trees. Oooh, I can hardly wait until it needs to be done again!

2 comments:

  1. That's am interesting point- it's only an every five days type of job. Hmmm... I may add it to my list simply because of that. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My grass needs to be cut again. I enjoy it somewhat. I like getting to see a finished product. Two summers ago Trey and I redid the back part of the fence. While it is a test on our relationship ;-) it was satisfying to see it completed.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say