Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Sweet Tuesday

On Mondays, Max goes to preschool from 8:15-3:15, while the older two are doing their school work here at home. We usually try to squeeze in a few errands and a trip to the library after we pick up Max and before Ruth has to be at her Martial Arts class at 5:15. That class ends at 6:00, and we either have to try to scarf down some fast food before Cub Scouts at 6:30, if Jeff is out of town and I have all the kiddos with me. Or, we rush home to eat before everyone is at their breaking point, just in time see Jeff and Weston off to Scouts, if Jeff happens to be in town. Cub Scouts ends between 7:30 and 7:45, so it's just about bedtime when we get home. On Wednesdays, we repeat the whole scenario, just leaving off the Cub Scout meeting. On Thursdays, we are at CC from 8:30-3:45, and then Ruth has piano lessons from 4:00-4:30. Fridays have Max back at preschool. And, here lately, we've also thrown in a Friday field trip, an out-of-town weekend trip, a Saturday birthday party, a visit to the orthodontist and a neighborhood get-together. I feel like I'm running all the time!

Ah, but then there's Tuesday. We have no extracurricular activities planned on that day, and I feel like I can breath. That's my day to get stuff done around the house. To actually cook a meal for my family--maybe even trying a new recipe. To prepare the material I will be presenting in CC on Thursday. To exchange emails with long-time friends. To plan upcoming birthday parties. To do a little online shopping. To take a walk with my family in the evening. To read books to my kids before bed.

Don't get me wrong; I love our full and busy life. But, I'm so thankful for Tuesday, that wonderful day of rest!

2 comments:

  1. Kathy3:39 PM

    So glad I get to be a part of the peaceful day. I like Tuesdays too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad you're a part of it, too!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say