Monday, January 03, 2011

Here a truck, there a truck

Much to the delight of my boys, we are in the truck business around here. Actually, we are in the house building business, but that requires lots of trucks. There have been bucket trucks, dump trucks, backhoes, trailers, bobcats and all manner of delivery trucks. For my boys, this is paradise. For me, it is also exciting, but for completely different reasons. For me, it means tangible progress on our new home! I get almost giddy when a delivery truck shows up, and I can put something else in our new house...at least in my mind. In reality, most of the deliveries are being stored in my father-in-law's barn. (Thank you, Maxie)! We have received sinks, faucets, toilet seats, ventilation fans, an ice machine (which was damaged beyond usability and had to be returned), and just today, a whirlpool bathtub and a soda fountain (you know, just the basics). Out on our land, we have 150 tons of stone, a brand spankin' new septic system, a bright blue water pump and several truckloads of dirt.  And, we are expecting to receive electric poles and kitchen appliances just any day. Exciting stuff, for sure! The pictures don't really show any of the trucks, but they do show some of the progress--and they are mostly for my benefit, so I can keep track of what is happening out there and when. But, some of you may have been dying to see what a septic tank looks like, so there you go. I'm sure the house building pictures will get more interesting as we go along, but thanks for indulging me in my enthusiasm about this project.
exterior stone

septic tank

water pump

1 comment:

  1. Kathy8:28 AM

    I see a water cycle theme here - first the fawcet and sink, not to mention the ice machine and soda fountain for intake (why doesn't my house have either of these?) and then the toilet seats and septic system for out-flow. Very well planned.

    Enjoy the progress!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say