Wednesday, November 11, 2009

My new babysitter

This morning, Ruth asked me when she would be old enough to watch the boys by herself. I explained to her that it would be a while--not because I didn't trust her or think she wasn't responsible, but because there are still a lot of things that the boys need help with that she may not be quite ready to help with. However, I assured her that she could begin to prove herself by watching the boys for Daddy and I when one or both of us was at home and we needed some help. And to give her an opportunity, I left her in charge of Max this afternoon, while Weston was napping and Jeff was working in his (home) office, so I could run some errands. She took her responsibility very seriously and was so proud of herself for having gained this privilege. At one point while I was out, Jeff called to say that when Weston woke up, he wanted to go outside and play with the neighborhood children. Before Jeff could even say a word, Ruth piped up to say that she could not go out and play because it was her job to take care of Max. I was so proud of her for taking on this responsibility. She did a great job, and I payed her in lip gloss, which was a good deal for both of us. I can't believe my little girl is already so big!

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous5:11 PM

    Ruth is so sweet, clever and thoughful... I miss her shine of her eyes when she is happy. I could imagine her hapiness.
    sweet Ruth, I miss you so much...

    From Patricia

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's so sweet, Patricia. I will tell Ruth you miss her. I know she misses you, too!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say