Friday, November 06, 2015

Six Months Abroad

Amazingly, we have already been traveling for six months! And, what a fantastic adventure it's been! I cannot believe how quickly the time has gone by. Someone asked me the other day if I was tired of it, and I answered honestly that I am not. Jeff and I absolutely love the nomadic life and could see ourselves doing this indefinitely. We are completely enamored with the sensation that comes from knowing a new experience is just around the corner and with the overwhelming sense of freedom that has enveloped us. We feel more like ourselves than we have probably ever felt, like we are finally wearing clothes that are tailor made instead of off the rack.

However, while our kids love traveling and are really good at it, they crave a bit more "normal," which we do not begrudge them in the least. So, we have adjusted our plans and will be making our way back to Texas a bit sooner than we had originally anticipated. We have already booked a flight to Austin, which has us arriving on July 7, 2016, a little more than a year ahead of what we initially envisioned. We will still visit all the places we originally intended to visit, but we will have shorter stays in several of them. The re-entry plan is still being worked out, so I don't have any details to share about where we will settle. I do know that, even we go back to a more traditional way of living, travel will always be a priority for us!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say