Wednesday, November 11, 2015

My new addiction

Earlier this week, I decided to enter one of my photos in a National Geographic photo contest. I honestly have no chance of winning, but that wasn't really my goal when I entered. I have been in love with National Geographic my whole life, and I have been particularly enamored with the photography. I can't see one of their photographs without my heart beating a little faster and my breath catching just a little. I just wanted to be a part of that community. I wanted to see a photo I had taken represented, even in some small way, by that logo. Now, I'm sort of obsessed with adding pictures to my account and perusing the images of the rest of the NG community. Somehow, the photos just look better displayed on that site. Plus, it's really fun to have other photographers (real photographers!) looking at, liking, and commenting on my photos. I may not ever get another productive thing done, but I'm very happy! If you'd like to check out any of my photos or those of the rest of the community, click here. That link will take you to my page, but you can look at other photos by clicking on the "Photos" tab at the top of the page. Just make sure you have plenty of free time if you decide to go poking around, because it's hard to pull yourself away!

1 comment:

  1. I wonder if Rupert Murdoch will change things so much that the photography no longer is as inclusive and interesting as in the past.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say