Friday, September 19, 2014

All the oils I've loved

For a while, I have been researching and experimenting with essential oils and natural remedies. About six months ago, I was introduced to doTerra and have been using their oils regularly since. I will not enter into a debate about the merits of one essential oil company over another. I'm sure they all have something to offer, and this journey, for me, is not about the brand. It is simply about finding ways to take control of my family's wellness. My research and experiments with oils continue, and I still have much to learn. I know this isn't the path for everyone. But, for those of you interested, I thought I would share some our favorite oils and how we have used them.

Lavender
  • Treatment of eczema
  • Treatment for in-grown toenails, mixed with On Guard (see below) and melaleuca
  • Helping people calm down and go to sleep
  • Treatment of minor burns
Geranium
  • To help stop bleeding
Lemon
  • For making water tolerable to drink
Lime
  • A perfect substitution for fresh squeezed limes in guacamole
Melaleuca (tea tree oil)
  • Treatment for in-grown toenails, mixed with lavender and On Guard
  • Treatment for ear infections
  • Diluted in vinegar, along with On Guard, Terra Shield (see below) and peppermint, for cleaning and sanitizing
Peppermint
  • Diluted in vinegar, along with On Guard, Terra Shield and melaleuca for cleaning and bug deterrent
Breathe (a proprietary blend with laurel leaf, peppermint, eucalyptus, tea tree, lemon and ravensara)
  • Mixed with water and run through the diffuser or rubbed on chests to clear up head colds and stuffy noses
Clear Skin (a proprietary blend with black cumin, ho wood, melaleuca, eucalyptus, geranium and litsea fruit)
  • I use the foaming face wash nightly and the roll-on, as needed, to help fight acne.
Deep Blue (a proprietary blend with wintergreen, camphor, peppermint, blue tansy, blue chamomile, helichrysum and osmanthus) 
  • For growing pains and sore muscles
  • We use this oil straight (because it's what we have), but doTerra has a whole line of Deep Blue products, including a cream form that is easier to use.
On Guard (a proprietary blend with wild orange, clove, cinnamon, eucalyptus and rosemary)
  • As a replacement for hand sanitizer
  • As germ deterrent in shared water bottles
  • Diluted in vinegar, along with peppermint, Terra Shield, and melaleuca for cleaning and sanitizing
  • Mixed with melaleuca and lavender for treatment of in-grown toenails
  • This one also comes in toothpaste, which I absolutely love!
Past Tense (a proprietary blend with wintergreen, lavender, peppermint, frankincense, cilantro, marjoram, roman chamomile, basil and rosemary)
  • For almost instant headache relief
  • For sore muscles/crick in the neck
  • It comes in a roll-on bottle for easy application. This is probably the oil I use most often.
Purify (a proprietary blend with lemon, lime, pine, citronella, melaleuca and cilantro)
  • Mixed with Breathe in the diffuser to rid the air of cold germs
Serenity (a proprietary blend with lavender, marjoram, roman chamomile, ylang, ylang, sandalwood and vanilla bean)
  • Mixed with water in the diffuser to provide a sense of calm
Slim and Sassy (a proprietary blend with grapefruit, lemon, peppermint, ginger, and cinnamon)
  • A few drops in a bottle of water to help curb appetite between meals. Tastes delicious and definitely makes water more tolerable.
Terra Shield (a proprietary blend of mostly citronella and cedarwood)
  • Mixed with vinegar, peppermint, melaleuca and On Guard as a cleaner/bug deterrent
  • Mosquito repellant
  • Ant killer/deterrent
  • This smells really good and works as well, in my opinion, as brand name bug sprays.
*Disclaimer: I am set up to sell these oils and am able to help others get set up to purchase these oils at wholesale prices, buy a few products just to try, or educate others about the benefits of using essential oils, but that is not my primary purpose in making this post. I have been super pleased with the results I have seen from using oils and just want to share my joy. If you would like to know more, I am happy to answer your questions to the best of my ability. I need to let you know that the FDA has not evaluated doTerra products for medical use, and that the oils are not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent disease, and no results are guaranteed. Essential oils have been used for centuries to enhance personal wellness, and I'm very glad I have been introduced to them! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say