Wednesday, May 07, 2014

The Cure


I can't tell you all the ways my soul is being restored as I listen to the waves crash outside our condo or walk on the beach, collecting "treasures." Sitting on a beach blanket, watching my kids frolic, or lounging by the pool with a book in my hand, as the background music of splashing and laughing wash over me, are also abundantly therapeutic. Even with Jeff working in Raleigh this week, life doesn't seem chaotic. This is exactly what I hoped this vacation would be, exactly what I needed it to be. I can feel the knots untangling and a deep, even breathing taking over in place of the months of what felt like holding my breath, just trying to stay afloat. I perceive similar effects on the whole family. Peace and joy and well-being abound here. I'm so thankful we have this opportunity for renewal and rest, and I fully intend to make the very most of it!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say