Friday, January 24, 2014

Icepocalypse 2014

As you know, it's been a brutal winter. We've had literally millimeters of ice and frost. And, even with Max's and my combined efforts in wrapping the pipes yesterday, they still froze over. So, another day without water. Yay! But in addition to the frozen pipes, we also had one break. So, when the water finally came back on because of my superior plumbing skills (I whacked the main pipe coming out of the well twice in frustration, after seeing that the piles of ice on the roof were melting off, and inadvertently dislodged a chunk of ice, which freed up the water supply!), we had to turn it right back off due to the geyser shooting out of the back of our house. I'm not going to lie, I was a bit of a bear today. It's just that I'm really, really bad at winter. (And, I seriously NEED my morning shower!) But thanks to my hubby and a Shark Bite coupling, we now have water flowing only in the appropriate places. And, fortunately, it will be full-blown spring on Sunday!

If you look closely, you can see what serious danger we're in.
I mean, people are killed by icicles all the time.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say