Sunday, January 05, 2014

Clean Slate

I just love a new year. A clean slate. A chance to start over and get everything right this time. It feels so great to be on the verge of something new and potentially wonderful. And, I know the new year officially started almost a week ago for everyone else. But, not for me and my family. We were gone for three weeks during the holidays and just got home last night. So, the new year really starts for me tomorrow. Which is why today was all about letting go of the the old. I told the kids I would not allow them to take possession of their new Christmas gifts (which were all still packed up, due to the traveling) until they went through every toy box, closet, drawer and shelf to see what they could 1). throw away or 2). donate. I'm appalled to tell you that we filled up a very large section of our garage with all the things that fit into these two categories. Why on earth do I let it get so out of hand before I take action?! Anyway, I feel (and I think several of my family members also feel) relived to be letting go of the excess. To be removing the clutter and making room for new and better things. May we all remain mindful of that principal throughout this new year, whether our clutter is physical, emotional, or spiritual.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say