Monday, July 29, 2013

Our Weekend

FRIDAY
  • My MIL came over Friday afternoon and spent the night with us.
  • Max made Green Eggs and Ham, Grape Salad and toast for dinner.
  • A cow ran into our pressure tank, breaking a pipe in the process, and leaving us without water for about eight hours.
  • The kids all slept somewhere other than their own rooms.
  • We had a nice little thunderstorm during the night.
Green Eggs and Ham

SATURDAY
  • Jeff was one of the first customers of the day at Home Depot, where he secured the appropriate plumbing parts to get us back in the water business.
  • I made homemade blueberry muffins and baked peaches for breakfast.
  • We got to meet our beautiful new niece/cousin, Victoria. 
  • We made a little road trip to La Grange for a 60th anniversary party at a fancy country club. My younger boys and I ended up in the van, watching a video, napping and reading for about half of it. 
  • We had dinner at a little dive in Austin we had seen on Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives. In all honesty, it wasn't one of our favorite Triple D places.
Catching some ZZZs on the way to La Grange

All out of anniversary party steam

SUNDAY
  • Clay made his presence loudly known to the entire congregation of the Marble Falls Church of Christ, even from the furthest reaches of the building where I had him sequestered, with a toddler fit (for no apparently no reason) to rival all others. 
  • We had lunch at a local Thai place we love. 
  • While Jeff and Clay headed home for a nap, I took the big kids to see a wonderful live performance of "Willy Wonka" at the Hill Country Community Theatre.
  • Ruth and I spent some time at Walmart buying some necessities and some frivolous things for our upcoming trip to the Davis Mountains.
  • I made lists of things we need to remember to take with us and things I need to do before we leave.
  • I found someone to feed our cat while we're gone.
  • I started the packing process.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say