Tuesday, February 05, 2013

a little bit in love

 I have been looking for the "Mr. Right" of barstools since we started building our house. It has been a grueling and completely unproductive process. But, I was unwilling to settle. Back in October, I finally found the chairs of my dreams. I ordered up. The next day, I got a heartless email informing me that my order had been canceled and offering no other explanation. Devastated, I called to see if there had been some terrible misunderstanding. The overly chipper customer service rep cheerfully informed me that those stools were out of stock but they had lots of other nice stools to choose from, or I could wait several months for my chosen stools to be back in stock. I was heartbroken and only half-heartedly resumed my search for acceptable stools. It was just one disappointment after another. So, I finally gave up, thinking I might spend the rest of my days pathetically standing, rather than sitting, at our bar. But, a couple of weeks ago, it occurred to me that several months had passed since I first found the dream stools. I had not really believed it when the perky rep had told me the stools I was infatuated with would be back in stock, but I couldn't get them out of my head, so I decided to just check and see. They did, in fact, appear to be back in stock, but I had been burned before, so I did not get my hopes up. But, today, my friends, the barstools actually arrived at my house! And, I think I'm a little bit in love. They are even more perfect than I imagined, and I think we will be together forever.

stock photo that is so much better than the ones I took

room for everyone

dream stools

1 comment:

  1. I LOVE them! Oh my word... they're perfect!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say