Thursday, July 19, 2012

My Heart is Overwhelmed


Oh Lord, you know that my heart is overwhelmed this week--physically, with this crazy Prolonged QT Syndrome diagnosis, and emotionally, with all the questions: "Why did I pass out?" "Will it happen again?" "Will I be holding Clay next time?" "What if Jeff isn't here?" "Could it be worse next time?" Yeah, my heart is just a little overwhelmed. And my head is foggy. So, today I was engaged in a completely brain-dead activity--searching around on Pintrest--because that's all I felt I could handle at the moment. And, You, You met me right there. Right where my heart was so overwhelmed. And, where did you invite me to go? To the Rock. The enticement of a firm foundation was so very necessary to me, who has recently lost her footing in the most literal sense. But it wasn't an invitation to just any rock. It was to "the Rock that is higher than I." It is beyond my strength. Beyond my understanding. A place with a better view. So, that's where I'd like to go. Lead on.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say