Monday, October 24, 2011

The last few days

Friday
  • Weight check for the Little Man. Up two pounds since last visit, but doc still wants to keep an eye on it. We'll check it again in a month.
  • Jeff reserved tickets for us to go see Les Miserables in San Antonio in January. 
  • Plumbers here (again) and have hopefully solved the worst of our lingering plumbing problems.
  • Party planning.
  • Last of the paperwork signed for our house to be officially ours.
  • Perused a local furniture store. Found things I liked, just not the things I am most in the market for.
  • Dinner at Cooper's in Llano.
  • A nice visit with my in-laws and mess-free piƱa coladas
Saturday
  • I GAVE MYSELF THE DAY OFF! Clay and I spent the day shopping in Marble Falls, and we had a lovely (quiet) time. 
  • Found a sofa I love. Not so crazy about the price tag.
  • Dropped off an old, sentimentally valuable window frame at the mirror shop for a little update.
  • Bought a fun new purse and some fabulous insulated cups.
  • Met up with Jeff and the kids for a picnic in the park, fulfilling my Oct. birthday gift. The weather and setting were perfect, and we all had a blast.
  • Movie night with the kids.
Sunday
  • Church and Sunday school.
  • Lunch at a new place in Horseshoe Bay.
  • Mini adventure to see the Horseshoe Bay lighthouse. 
  • FroYo with the fam (that's "frozen yogurt," for those of you, like myself, who may not be up with the latest lingo). I made my taste buds smile with pumpkin and cake batter topped with granola.
  • Forced Jeff to go look at the sofa I loved so much, and promised him I would look around online for a better price.
  • Poked around in some of the remaining boxes in the garage and determined that my butterfly shower curtain has disappeared off the face of the earth.
  • Made cookies with Ruth.
  • Read some of "Little House in the Big Woods" to Weston.
  • Poetry reading with kids during and after dinner, followed by a whole bunch of Shel Silverstein books being purchased from Amazon.
Today
  • Strong Academy site inspection. (Strong Academy is an online, two-year, college-level school for entrepreneurs that Jeff is working on starting. One of the first steps towards becoming official is this site visit from the state. The office passed inspection. WooHoo!)
  • (Finally) Washed most of the shells we collected on our visit to South Padre a couple of years ago, so I can decorate with them. Longed to be walking on some beach, somewhere.
  • Received my new window frame mirror and may have swooned. 
  • Made sugar scrubs for Ruth's upcoming spa party.
  • Enjoyed having the windows up all day.
From where I sit, it's a beautiful life. I hope the last few days have been wonderful for you as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say