Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Picture this

Okay, picture this:  A cow tried to slip into my garage tonight, so I rushed out--baby in arms--to shoo it off and close the garage door. The shooing works, the garage door closing doesn't. Still, I consider it a victory and head back inside.

But then, picture this:  I see another cow darn-near up on the front porch munching on one of the boys' plastic bulldozers.

Now, picture this:  This city girl rushes out the front door (sans baby), newly confident in her shooing abilities, only to find that this cow is not to be shooed. She just stands there, looking at me, and munching on the bulldozer.

And, finally, picture this:  The city girl, in her flip-flops, running through the dirt and sand and brush and cacti, after the cow that stubbornly refuses to put down the toy.

And not a camera in sight. But, I swear, there must have been a hidden camera somewhere. When that big, brown cow finally dropped the dozer and I was able to fetch it, I laughed out laud all the way back into the house. I absolutely cannot believe this happened, not only in real life, but in MY real life.

3 comments:

  1. I'm so proud of you and your shooing abilities! That's awesome. It sounds more like a ranch story than a Mandi story. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:58 PM

    Now that is funny. Lenora

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very, VERY good my friend. I could use you up here! I've not had chickens or cows munching on toys yet, though. I'll have to call you for advice when they finally realize we have the good food inside :)

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say