Friday, September 16, 2011

He gets my vote, too

Today, Max was at preschool, Jeff had taken Ruth to the doctor and Clay was sleeping. So, Weston and I were having lunch together without the rest of the group. We were sitting next to each other at the bar, and pretty soon, Weston leaned over and said, "I kind of like that it's just you and me here, having lunch together. It's kind of like a date." He expressed several more times during lunch how cool he thought it was that we were getting to have lunch together--just the two of us. Then after lunch, eyeing the apples in the fruit bowl on the island, Weston stated, "Today just seems like the perfect day to make an apple pie." So, the next thing I knew, we were in the throes of pie-making. And every few minutes, Weston would say something like, "It sure is fun making an apple pie, isn't it?!" or "I really like making an apple pie--especially with you." It was just pure sweetness and melted this momma's heart! I savored every minute, knowing that my moments like that are fleeting. Kid of the Week, indeed!

wearing sister's apron and hat, peeling apples

the finished product

2 comments:

  1. That is just really sweet.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kathy4:50 PM

    What great testimonies for a great kid. Congratulations to Weston and I'm glad he got his reward date with Mom. Sounds like good times!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say