Saturday, May 29, 2010

Sweet Ruth:

Today is your birthday, and you are eight! I can't believe it! Seems like just yesterday we were meeting you for the first time and starting to get to know you. What fun we've had since that day! You are growing and learning and maturing every day, and your dad and I are so very proud of the person you are and the person you are becoming! You are funny, smart, thoughtful, generous, kind, determined, motivated, beautiful, and absolutely amazing! It is a true blessing to have you in my life!

I thank the Lord for you every single day, and ask Him to mold you and shape you, to lead you and guide you, and to give you your own experiences with Him that will help you become all that He wants you to be. I want you to know that I love you more than just about anything I can think of, but the Lord loves you even more than that! You are a treasure, not only to me, but also (and more importantly) to Him.

This past year has been full of new experiences and opportunities for you. You swam on a swim team, learned to play hand chimes and performed publicly, played basketball, took piano lessons, learned to knit and to sew (In fact, you sewed the dress, kerchief and purse pictured above with only minimal help from Mimi), spent a lot of time cooking, participated in academic contests, and even won a gold medal at the state meet. You took some neat vacations, made some new friends, set financial goals for yourself, took on the household laundry (for pay) in order to meet those goals, and hosted a tea party for some of your friends. Obviously, that's just a small sampling of what this year held for you. I can't wait to see what the next year brings!

Thank you for being you! Daddy and I love you so much and want to wish you a very happy birthday!

All my love, 
Mom


No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say