Saturday, November 14, 2009

A day in the life

  • Waffles and bacon for breakfast.
  • Jeff safely delivered a friend of ours, who had been hitchhiking across the southern part of the U.S. for the last month and who showed up at our house sort of unexpectedly last night, to his apartment.
  • I unloaded a pretty substantial box of math books that Jeff brought home from his parents' house last weekend.
  • I made a sweet picture collage to hang on the wall from a calendar I bought for a dollar.
  • Peanut butter and honey sandwiches for lunch.
  • We acquired a(nother) futon. I think we are now ready (in terms of sleeping space) to host our 15 or so house guests next weekend.
  • Jeff picked up some party essentials for our Brazilian-themed Thanksgiving party...and some beautiful flowers for me for no reason whatsoever!
  • Dishes, dishes, dishes.
  • We hung things on the walls. From pictures to broom holders.
  • Weston and I attended a birthday party for one of his little school friends. It didn't seem to bother Weston in the least that he was the only boy there!
  • Laundry, laundry, laundry.
  • Ruth spent 6 1/2 hours playing inside and outside our house with her sweet little friend from down the street.
  • I found the top of my desk.
  • Ruth found her bedroom--there is actually a floor in there...even under the bed!
  • Jeff attended a high school choir concert.
  • The kids and I had dinner upstairs while watching a movie. They were so thrilled to find out that the homeschool table could double as a dinner table!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say