Thursday, September 24, 2009

Pile of Pigs

Seriously. You should see these kids eat. We went out on Tuesday night. All three kids scarfed down their kids' meals and began begging us to order them something else. They couldn't get enough. Yesterday, Max and I had some things to pick up at Sam's--a store that always has an abundance of free samples. Max snacked the whole time we were shopping. Then, as I was checking out, he snitched a pear from the shopping cart and devoured it quickly. I then went over to the little on-site cafe to buy us both some lunch. While I was getting our drinks, he snagged another pear and made it disappear. Then, he ate the hot dog I got for him and some of my pizza. Tonight, we had breakfast for dinner. The kids had pancakes, eggs and sausage. When they had all finished healthy portions and I had already eaten until I was stuffed, Ruth and Weston asked me to make more eggs. Ruth had a large second helping and Weston put a small helping onto a biscuit and added some cheese. I simply could not believe it! I guess it takes a lot of energy to grow up so quickly! But they do make an adorable little pile of pigs, don't you think?!

2 comments:

  1. I am remembering how much milk Jeff's brother used to consume... and just how tall Jeff is, and I'm thinking this is only the beginning of your food-storage problem, Dearest. Those kids are going to eat you out of house and home.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are so right, Katie. We are already trying to figure out how we are going to finance the teenage appetites.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say