Wednesday, August 26, 2009

Just me and my little man

Weston and I don't have the opportunity to go out and do something by ourselves very often. So, I was kind of glad it worked out that Max's nap time fell during story time today. It was really nice to have some one-on-one time with Weston, especially in light of the fact that he is going away to preschool next week, and I may never see him again! (The previous statement may have been inadvertently dramatized in accordance with the mother's overactive emotions). We really did have a lovely time.

This story time at Barnes & Noble is one of the only out-of-house activities we have ever participated in that really gets Weston out of his shell. He absolutely loves it. He dances. He sings. He interacts with other kids. He listens to the story and volunteers answers to questions asked by the story teller. He eagerly attacks the craft and is always so proud of what he puts together. And he always asks if we can come again. So, it was nice that on this, his last story time (since he'll be in preschool [sob] on story time days in the future), just he and I got to go. I didn't have to worry about chasing Max around or keeping him quiet. I could just enjoy Weston, enjoying story time. And then afterward, Weston and I went on a special date (to the Starbucks inside the Barnes & Noble), where we had turkey and cheese sandwiches (with melted cheese), chips and a little M &M blond brownie for dessert. Weston felt very big and told me he was glad that we got to go on a special date. I was really glad we got to go on this special date, too!




*Click on that first picture so you can really get a good look at Weston's face and see how much he is enjoying himself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say