Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Eventful week, so far

We made the 10-hour drive back from the Davis Mountains on Monday in around 12 hours, after stopping for playtime and work emergencies along the way. Upon arriving in Kingwood (a.k.a "the plastic bag," a moniker given to reflect the impossibly hot and humid living conditions), we went directly to a homeschool event, where we were able to meet other homeschool families and find out what kinds of activities and programs are offered for homeschoolers in our area--of which, there are many. At that event, I put my name in a drawing. I found out the next morning that I actually won! I never win anything, so I was really pumped! And what I won was a big basket of school supplies, which is one of my favorite things ever, not to mention pretty useful for our upcoming school year. I have eaten Mexican food twice this week and have plans to do it again on Friday with some of my girlfriends. I have eaten Thai food once and cheap fast food once, as well. I have also gone out for ice cream and a Sonic Diet Vanilla Dr. Pepper. I've taken my kids to storytime. I have given the washer and dryer a workout like they have never known before. I have sorted through a mountain of mail, which included a wedding invitation for a dear family friend and a picture ticket for a traffic violation Jeff committed downtown about a month ago and thought he got away with. I have also paid more than a few bills. I have gone through my inbox and caught up on all the goings-on (that I care about) of cyberspace. I have hosted a Bible study in my home and have swept up more Nerds candies than you can imagine. I have talked on the phone (for business and pleasure) and opened some presents. And I have celebrated a teeny, tiny birthday. I have also made the official school schedule for our upcoming school year and have begun preparing lessons for history and grammar. I have bought the big kids new school shoes and have watched them try them out in the middle of the street on which we live. I have made plans to attend a couple of big events in the lives of a couple of different family members in the next few months. And I have watched some adorable kids sing "I'm a Long, Tall Texan" on You Tube. I finished a novel, started looking through my September Real Simple magazine and have had more than a handful of sessions in my massage chair. I have downloaded pictures from our trip on to my computer and have looked at the pictures of the kids from Nana Camp. I may have even squeezed in a nap or two. And it's only Wednesday. Can't wait to see what else this eventful week brings. I'm sure our neighbors are hoping to see a mowing of our lawn come up on the list.

2 comments:

  1. welcome back!!!
    We missed you!
    And, congrats on the school supplies. I'm jealous :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday! I know you are having a great celebration (s).

    Sounds like your vacation was eventful, just as ours was. Isn't it nice to be home, even with the mountains of laundry?

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say