Thursday, July 09, 2009

Handy Mandi

In addition to the regularly scheduled program around here this week, I have also taken on a few other projects:
*I hung a new towel rack near my sink in the bathroom. No more walking halfway across the room with drippy hands!
*I repaired a chair leg on an old chair that we acquired while at Jeff's parents' house, and also vacuumed off the upholstery of it and it's partner. With places to sit in the living room, it now seems a bit more inviting. Not to mention, I think the old chairs just look so cool.
*I added a storage unit to the inside of the cabinet under the sink in the kitchen to hold the foil and plastic wrap. That should eliminate all the awkward cramming and/or digging and/or falling that previously went along with using those products.
*I made a double batch of my new favorite chai mix to have on hand at all times. Because you just never know when the urge will strike.
*I assembled my new clothes steamer and put it through it's first test. It passed with flying colors, ironically making putting the laundry away less of a chore for me. (I have issues, what can I say)?!
*I very successfully and somewhat successfully (depending on the unit) removed years of built-up gunk from some plastic-coated wire shelving units, which I can now surely put to good use somewhere in this house.
*I took on the pantry...and conquered it! It looks awesome! And, get this, we can actually find things in there! Amazing. I mean, we have canned salmon. Who knew?! Now if all of my family members will just look, but not touch, the pantry bliss will go on and on.

2 comments:

  1. I have a shade that needs to be hung in the basement bedroom if you get a spare moment...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:19 AM

    Please post the chai recipe when you get a chance. I'm having a hard time finding a mix in the store that I like. And you were the one who turned me onto chai in the first place.

    Kathy

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say