Saturday, May 02, 2009

Just another day in Paradise

  • Garage-saled in the morning--picked up a nice, new-in-the-bag, king-sized bedding set on the cheap for the guest bedroom.
  • Went to some of my favorite stores, just for fun, all by myself.
  • Came home to an empty and very clean house.
  • Met the kids and hubby at the pool for the opening day of the swim season.
  • Heard my son say, "Dad, where are the kitties? You said this was the kitty pool."
  • Finished looking through my new Real Simple magazine.
  • Helped put together the playscape in the backyard.
  • Realized that I don't miss my bigger yard in Austin so much now that I get to mow this one.
  • Battled three different kinds of ants, both inside and outside my home.
  • Thoroughly enjoyed watching and listening to my kids play on their "new" playscape.
  • Found my three-year-old pressed up against the back door with his pants and underwear down around his ankles after he had "watered" the flowers.
  • Did not have to go the emergency room, though there were at least three or four occasions during the day when it might have been a possibility.
  • Washed my new bedding set--just in case--and snagged the comforter on something in the process, leaving a small tear. At least it was cheap!
  • Made a loaf of bread in the bread machine.
  • Had frozen pizzas for dinner.
  • Loved (almost) every minute!

1 comment:

Say what you need to say