Friday, April 10, 2009

Who says there's no such thing as a free lunch?!

I went into the grocery store just before noon today, with a "rumbly in my tumbly" (the inspired words of Winnie the Pooh) and the thought of grabbing some lunch when I finished my shopping. Before I could even get in the door, a nice man beckoned me over for a sample of some sweet watermelon. Once inside, I found sample stations set up every few feet--chicken salad, lasagna, hummus, mac and cheese, California rolls, trail mix, yogurt, etc., etc. I must confess, I did not turn any of the samples down. And I only purchased one of the products being offered. And when I was checking out, I realized that I wouldn't need to stop for lunch after all.

Is this as completely pathetic as it seems?! Or is it possibly the most brilliant scheme in all of lunch history?

1 comment:

  1. We did that a couple of times in college when the bank account got low.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say