Monday, October 13, 2008

A Conversation Over Dinner

Ruth: This chicken was a girl because there are breasts.

Me: Well, actually, all the chickens we eat are girls. No one really eats roosters.

[Pause]

Ruth: What do they do with all the feathers? Do they make clothes out of them or something?

Jeff: I think sometimes they grind them up...

Ruth: And make chicken smoothies??!!

[General hilarity on the part of the parents]

Jeff: Well, I was going to say they make fertilizer, but chicken smoothies certainly sound interesting.

(Katie, maybe these tips will help you make better use of your farmyard fowl).

2 comments:

  1. Eeeee! I think I'd rather have the avocado smoothie. Ruth is so very smart . . .

    ReplyDelete
  2. She is cracking me up - hilarious! I love this 5-6 age range right now - they really are thinking about how things work ALL the time!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say