Wednesday, September 03, 2008

Love It or Leave It

There are things from home that I miss, and there are things I haven't once thought of. These lists are comprised strictly of things--not people--so don't get your feelings hurt if you don't see your name on the "love it" list. Just assume that you are loved and missed. Also, realize that I'm not saying I won't be glad to have some of the things on the "leave it" list when we get back. It's just that they have turned out to be less important than I might have once thought.

Love It--The much-missed and not-to-be-lived-without for more than six months:

  • Dishwasher
  • Hot water in the sink
  • My own laundry facilities and the liberty to do laundry whenever I want
  • My massage chair
  • Diet Dr. Pepper
  • The Swiffer mop
  • Mircowave
  • The back yard, where the kids can go play without my constant supervision
  • Full-size, comfy couch (Jeff would probably substitute recliner here) and possibly some other comfy furniture
  • More than a handful of plates and silverware
  • What Jeff likes to call "adult-sized" drinking glasses
  • English
Leave It--The nice, but certainly not necessary:
  • Car/Minivan
  • 2000+ sq. ft. of living space
  • More than 10 pairs of shoes and more than 2 weeks worth of unique outfits
  • Home decor
  • Television
  • Gobs of toys
  • Carpet
  • Stores that are open all the time
If you were to make lists like this, what do you think you would put on them?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say