Sunday, June 01, 2008

Just Horsing Around

I haven't picked up a basketball in years, but this morning Jeff challenged me to a game of H-O-R-S-E, and pretty soon everyone was in on the action. My sister and her husband played, too, and my parents and grandparents set up seats on the edge of the driveway to cheer us on. The first thing I did was draw in the crowd with a slam dunk (before we raised the goal), seriously impressing everyone under the age of 10. With the goal raised and the game underway, I found, much to my surprise, that I could actually get the ball in the hoop from time to time, and I didn't just embarrass myself completely--if you don't count the silly leg kick I apparently do when I shoot a jump shot. This, despite the hazards of this particular court, including, but not limited to: trash cans, air conditioners, a sand box, a puddle of water under the goal, a multitude of hecklers, and five children running around underfoot. It was a blast--even though I didn't win either of the games. That honor went to Jeff, thanks to his unbeatable free-throw prowess.

1 comment:

  1. haven't played that in yrs. maybe we'll try to do that soon!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say