Wednesday, June 25, 2008

Good times, good company, and more shrimp than you can eat

Today was my mother-in-law's birthday, so Jeff and Maxie prepared a three-course shrimp dinner, inspired by Sharon's request for Acapulco-style shrimp cocktail. We started with the shrimp cocktail, which was super-fabulous. In fact, you should cancel your dinner plans for tomorrow night and have this instead. Then we moved on to grilled shrimp with lime butter. Oh so good! And finally, we had Panko-breaded fried shrimp with cocktail sauce and creamy avocado dip. Umm, umm, good! We all enjoyed all of the food, but Weston is some kind of crazy shrimp eating machine. He was cramming them in his mouth as fast as he possibly could and was cleaning up what was left over on other people's plates. The funniest thing, though, was during the shrimp cocktail when he asked if he could have another "leg"--that would be a boiled, peeled shrimp with the tail on. We almost all fell over. Tomorrow night we are planning a fondue party with Sharon's new fondue pot. Wish you could be here.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds really fun. I love shrimp myself. Too bad I couldn't come along...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10:43 AM

    That sounds like a great birthday dinner! I think Weston's comment on another leg is perfectly understandable--anything that comes with something to hang on to while you eat it must be a "leg". Tell Sharon belated happy birthday from me.
    Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum! Shrimp was one of my favorites before I got pregnant. Now, I can't stomache the fishy smell. Hopefully that changes soon.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say