Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Three Ring Circus

Someone said, "I know, let's go out for dinner."

And then the music started: Doot-do-doodoo-doodoo-doot-do-doodoo.

I was strapping Max in (on Jeff's side of the car), Jeff was strapping Weston in (on my side of the car), and Ruth was in a tizzy because her seat belt receiver was stuck under the seat.

Someone said, "Let's go to Mangia."

And then the music again. Followed by, "No, I want Mexican." "I want a cheeseburger." And crying from the little one.

And dinner went something like this: two trips to the potty, spaghetti all over EVERYTHING, all children crying--sometimes independently, sometimes in stereo...

And the music continued: Doot-do-doodoo-doodoo-do-doot-doodoo.

1 comment:

  1. I hate it when I feel like a three ring circus. On the other hand, someone has to be the entertainment. You were really doing everyone a service.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say