Sunday, May 11, 2008

Mother's Day Weekend

What a weekend! After I picked up Ruth from school on Friday, I came home and spent some time in my massage chair while the boys were napping. I was just about to doze off myself, when I suddenly opened my eyes to find all of my beautiful children and my wonderful husband standing before me, flowers and cards in hand. One of the cards contained a DVD of the kids telling me they loved me and why. I won't lie to you, I cried. But, they weren't done there. The next thing Jeff told me was that they wanted to take me to the San Antonio Riverwalk for the night and that everything was packed and ready to go. (Although there was a final Mommy inspection and missing items were added). So, we hopped in the van and hit the road. We had dinner at one of our favorite Mexican food restaurants down on the River. And we stayed at a place I have always wanted to stay, and everything was just wonderful!

On Saturday afternoon, my parents and my sister and brother-in-law came over for another little party. We had dinner at Cool River Cafe and had a wonderful time hanging out together.

Then, this morning, Jeff and the kids took me out for breakfast/brunch at Cracker Barrel as per my request. We had some great grub and picked up some cute things in the Country Store.

It was such a fun weekend, and I have to tell you that I can't think of a single thing I would rather be than Ruth, Weston and Max's mom. They are wonderful and beautiful and amazing. Motherhood is sometimes a hard job, but there is nothing that even comes close in terms of payoff. I'm so thankful for the opportunity to get to do this. What an incredible blessing! I'm also thankful for all the other wonderful mothers out there and hope you have all had the special day you deserve!





2 comments:

  1. You have three adorable blessings. The DVD was the cutest thing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. what a lucky mommy you are.
    I've always wanted to stay at that hotel as well; I saw a wedding there years ago and it looked so romantic.
    Happy Mother's Day!!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say