Sunday, May 18, 2008

The Kitchen Sink

I think I put it in that box over there. Oh. Wait. I think that's something we're leaving here. But (almost) everything else is in a box or a bag or a trunk or a suitcase. We are now eating off paper plates and using plastic utensils. Only things that are absolutely necessary for daily life remain unpacked. And the furniture will be moved out next weekend. Oh, and today we did a trial run of packing for Brazil. We are in a race against the scale and the baggage limits on that one, but I think it's all going to come together. Things are happening so fast around here, I feel like that "hurry-up" music from the movies is playing all the time. You may be right, we may be crazy. But we wouldn't trade it for anything. And in just a couple of weeks, we will all be able to breathe a deep sigh of relief.

2 comments:

  1. oh that does sound crazy. A bit like our house in disarray right now with all those appliances out for a while. Eating on paper plates and no dishes is nice for a while :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow. Certainly crazy! I am glad we will see you on Monday at least!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say