Tuesday, May 27, 2008

The Good Life

The kids LOVE living in a house with no furniture. And really, what's not to love?! They get to sleep on the floor, camp-out style. They can run around all over the place, even the nooks and crannies that were formally off-limits. They get to use coolers for tables. And, there is an echo. Ruth said this morning, "I just like our house so much better without all the furniture. It's just so fun!" And we were concerned that it would be a hardship living in our house for a week without any of our stuff. I can't say that Jeff and I are quite as ecstatic, especially since Jeff turned up sick today and had nowhere comfortable to land. But, I'm glad the kids are having fun. And watching them embrace uncharted waters with gusto is a good lesson for me. It's good to look at life as an adventure 'cause that takes the burden right out of it.

1 comment:

Say what you need to say