Monday, January 28, 2008

I Cannot Believe I Just Said That

When you become a parent, you find yourself saying the most ridiculous things imaginable. Here is a sampling of things that have been heard at our house--some as recently as today.

  • You may not have a hot dog until you have eaten all the food on your plate.
  • Did you put your spoon down your shirt? Don't put your spoon down your shirt.
  • Don't drink from that pool of standing water on the sandbox lid.
  • Don't put that _____ in your mouth. (Some options for the blank include: rock, shoestring, computer cable, dirt, crayon, baby's pacifier, food off the floor, thing out of the trashcan, etc. etc.).
  • We are not going to take our clothes off at the dinner table.
  • Don't put that _____ in the toilet. (Blank options: toothbrush, cup, washcloth, toy, hand, etc. etc.).
  • What do you have in your purse, Son?
  • Don't stick that in your _____. (Blank options: nose, eye, ear, mouth, any other orifice on your body or anyone else's body).
  • Who wants to throw the baby's dirty diaper away?!
  • Yes, I did earn a treat when I went to the bathroom, but I'm going to eat my dinner first.

4 comments:

  1. Yep, I find that I say some of those a lot. Especially the first one though it is usually pizza or sandwich and chips instead of a hot dog. lol. Makes life fun doesn't it?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous2:17 PM

    or our current favorite: at almost $5 a gallon, it's perfectly okay to cry about spilt milk.

    --Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi mandi, these are hilarious!! I'll pop back in and comment on more later, today is busy! hugs!

    PS and that pic on my blog is almost 8 months old now! William will be 3 in two weeks!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. haha! Yes, we save any milk D doesn't finish for the next time!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say