Monday, October 22, 2007

A Blustery Day In The Hundred Acre Wood

We seem to have bypassed Fall altogether here in central Texas, and winter arrived in a wet and blustery rush in the middle of the night. I was thankful that I recently bought a new hooded sweater that accomodates my current roundish figure (though I was not overly enthusiastic about the other tent-like cool-weather maternity clothes begging to be worn out into the chill), and that I was able to convince Ruth that the sundress probably wasn't the best choice for school today. I was also thankful for an excuse to eat yummy vegetable soup and grilled cheese sandwiches for dinner. I think the rest of the week is supposed to be absulutely gorgeous, and despite my poking fun at the cool temps today, I actually found it quite lovely. Add a few degrees and take away most of the wind, and it would have been perfect.

1 comment:

  1. I know how much you LOVE cold weather! Yes, the wind is a little hard to take. Went out at lunch and wasn't too bad.

    Yesterday I was at Randalls at lunch time and everyone (including myself) picked up a cup of yummy chicken noodle soup at the deli counter. It was a great cold weather lunch!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say