Monday, September 03, 2007

As Promised...

I promised pictures and stories when we arrived back from our trip, and I am making good on that promise. The pictures have been posted in the form of a slide show in the post just before this one. The story is this:

During the reception, I took Ruth to the bathroom, where she desperately needed my assistence since she was wearing a mini-wedding dress. She even told me, "I'm a little Lindsay bride." Then she asked me why Jonah and Lindsay got married. I told her it was because they loved each other and wanted to spend their lives together, just like Daddy and I. I then told her that she might even decide to get married some day. To this, she immediately balked and said, "Oh no! I'm not getting married!" "O.k." I said, "You don't have to if you don't want to." She let out a deep sigh and said, "Really? I thought you had to." I don't know if she thought she was going to shock me by going against what she was "supposed" to do or if she truly thought at that moment that marriage just wasn't for her. I do know that she loved wearing that mini-wedding dress, though, so if the right guy comes along (way, way down the road) she might just agree to marry him despite her protests.

1 comment:

  1. LOL! I bet she changes her mind someday. But for now, that is a good way to think!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say