Sunday, July 01, 2007

Frank

This is the nickname my husband came up with for our daughter, because frankly, she is a weinnie when it comes to almost everything. I normally tell people she's just very cautious, but if I'm honest, it's really just all-out cowardice. So, as you know, she spent the week with her grandparents at Lake Buchanan, and she had the chance to work on her water skills. When Jeff and I got there on Friday, she came up to me and said, "Mom, you guys aren't going to be able to call me 'Frank' anymore, because I'm really brave now." This was a reference to the fact that she had discovered during the week that not only could she jump off Grandpa's shoulders in the water, but that it was also quite fun. Then, yesterday she discovered the joy of jumping off the boat dock to Grandpa in the water...and then jumping off with no one in the water. We are very proud of her for overcoming her fears, and we are hoping to be able to drop the nickname completely someday soon.


2 comments:

  1. That's so cool! Emlyn is still really cautious but will be taking swim lessons this summer and we're hoping that will help.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh MY! That takes me back - I remember how fun it was to jump off of my dad's shoulders into the water. Good for you Ruth - something fun for her to remember.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say