Monday, May 07, 2007

Taking The Portuguese Thing To The Next Level

When I went to pick Ruth up from her gymnastic/preschool class today she handed me her worksheets, and I noticed they were covered with Spanish words, and I commented on it. Her teacher told me that Ruth had done a really good job with the Spanish and then went on to say that it must help that "her dad is Portuguese." Apparently, Ruth told her teachers and her whole class that her dad is Portuguese...and that she is part Portuguese. I almost fell over. This kid is too funny for words, and the things that come out of her mouth--oh my! She is well on her way to becoming fluent in the language, though, as she faithfully and enthusiastically studies her homemade flash cards. She's way ahead of me, I can tell you that. And she absolutely loves it.

1 comment:

Say what you need to say