Wednesday, October 18, 2006

Memory Lane

When I was in college I used to eat at this neat little pizza place...a lot! They make pizza rolls, which are just wonderful, and on Tuesdays they have a two-for-one special, which works out nicely for a thrifty college student. Every Tuesday (and I do mean every Tuesday), I would order up, and then eat at least two meals out of that one purchase. As a bonus, when I was in college, I didn't have to worry about how very many calories I was consuming. I didn't really realize how often I was taking advantage of special until one night when I went to pick up my order, and the moment I walked in the door the girl behind the counter said, "Mandi, right?" I was a bit chagrinned, but only for a moment. Biting into a pizza roll took away all negative feelings and reminded me to be sure and order up again the next week.

I've been to Double Dave's since I've been out of college, but still, it's been a few years. We got a coupon in the mail today, perfectly timed with me not wanting to cook dinner, and so we decided to take advantage of the Wednesday special, which is an all-you-can-eat buffet. Responsible Ruth opted for a salad and just one little pizza roll, but Jeff and I relived our college days and ate as many pizza rolls as we could. It was a nice trip down memory lane, but I don't think we'll make a weekly affair out of it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Say what you need to say