Monday, August 14, 2006

It's (Still) All About Me

Most of you know that birthdays in the Watts' household are not simply a one-day affair in which your age increases by one. The parties can last for weeks--sometimes even a month. So, it will come as no surprise that we had yet another birthday party for me tonight. This one at home, with just the four of us. Jeff cooked dinner--which was nice enough, but what he made was fantastic. He prepared brie cheese with wine jelly for an appetizer and then went completely overboard with lobster, twice-baked potatoes and steamed broccoli for the main course. And since calories don't count when you are celebrating a birthday, there was plenty of butter to go around. It was fabulous! Now he has gone to get me a Chai Latte from my favorite place. If this treatment keeps up, I may have to change my views on turning thirty next year!

3 comments:

  1. Birthdays seem so fun at your house.

    One question- what would you do if you and he had the same birthday? That's one of our problems...

    Happy birthday again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess if we had the same birthday, we would just consolidate some of the parties. But we would still have our own special thing for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No! You should extend the birthday celebration even MORE! :-)

    My birthday this year (36--not a really significant one for most) somehow got extended this year and I gotta say--it's been FUN!

    Lobster--ymmmmmmm . . .

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say