Thursday, July 13, 2006

Red All Over

I was baking this morning, and the red food coloring pretty much exploded in my hand. And that's always fun. My hands turn red and my countertop did too. I'll just tell you I was none too thrilled. After scrubbing my hands with soap several times, as reccomended by the food coloring label, and still seeing no improvement in the staining, I came over to my trusty laptop and looked up stain removal on the internet. I came across an article about removing hair dye from skin and thought that solution sounded resonable for food coloring as well. Toothpaste. That was the solution. I had that on hand and decided to give it a try. I didn't get the stain completely out, but I saw definite improvement and would probably see the stain go away with a few more treatments. I was impressed that something so simple could do the trick. And as a bonus, I came out smelling minty fresh. As for the countertop, my favorite kitchen cleaner should do the trick. If you have laminate countertops, Scrubbing Bubbles Bathroom Cleaner is the only way to go. It gets out everything! So, those are my cleaning tips for the day. The kids and I are off again this evening for another adventure (Colorado with the Watts side of the family) so I'll catch up with all of you in a week!

1 comment:

  1. Yes, I love the Scrubbing Bubbles.

    Have fun on your trip!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say