Sunday, July 09, 2006

Craig's List

I finally scored my first free items from Craig's List today, and no, they do not include a hot tub. I got three really neat light fixtures. And I was darn close to getting a queen-size mattress and boxspring, but I basically had to choose between that and the light fixtures and I had already committed to the light fixtures. Mattresses come up fairly regularly, so maybe I'll have another chance on that. I've been a Craig's List junkie for quite a while and it's neat that it has finally paid off for me.

2 comments:

  1. Have you checked out Austin Freecycle on Yahoo groups? I've gotten a neat free yo-yo from there for Trey before. The format is not as easy to navigate since it is mostly a message board but it is neat to recycle free stuff.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm a part of that group as well. I haven't gotten anything from there yet, but I have given stuff away. It's always true that one person's trash is another's treasure.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say