Thursday, April 27, 2006

The Cleaning Game

Ruth loves playing with her toys, but she certainly doesn't get too excited about clean-up time. So, in an effort to make it a bit more fun, I decided to make it a race. She thought that was a pretty neat idea, and she got right to work on cleaning up her room, without complaining or making a fuss. We both worked really hard, and in the end it came out a tie. Of course, Ruth just did her room (most of it, anyway) and I did pretty much every other room in the house. Ruth employed the work-a-little-play-a-little method, which I remember making use of as a kid myself. I'm just glad she got the clutter under control in there, without the whining, and that she was occupied while I took care of the rest of the house.

1 comment:

  1. It's hard to figure out how to get them motivated. Yet it's a very important skill. I usually give Emmy choices- would you like to pick up shoes or books first? Then we work together in the room.

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say