Friday, February 24, 2006

When Gluttony Comes Back to Bite You...Literally

Nothing good can come of being a glutton. I know this from first-hand experience. I had a major ice cream craving today, so I indulged. And everything would have been fine if I had just been satisfied with the big bowl of ice cream I served myself, but noooo, I just had to lick the scoop...the metal scoop. That's when tragedy struck...or rather stuck. My lip stuck to the scoop in the instant it took lick the thing and when I pulled it away, part of my lip pulled away too. Now I'm paying for my gluttony, and I write this as a warning to those of you who also may be tempted to give in to a gluttonous urge.

1 comment:

  1. I feel your pain--except that I did it today with Hawaiian Bread originally purchased to use with vegetable dip for the potluck at church tomorrow. I couldn't resist; now my stomach ACHES and what am I going to take instead???!!!

    ReplyDelete

Say what you need to say